Election results were flipped in a pro-Republican, statistically impossible way in Ohio this month. Were Ohio's newly-installed Diebold touch screen electronic voting machines hacked? What are the implications for the Congressional elections in 2006 and the presidential contest in 2008?
Becoming ever nuttier and ever more dishonest, Bill O'Reilly is trying to convince his radio and television audiences that Jacques Chirac is to blame for the Iraq War.
section is for listeners. To receive a reply from Jack Clark,
you should call the comment line.
Gee when I came to this site I expected to see a thought out view of my opponents. It would seem however that you have no supporting details for your arguement nor any proof, instead I see a crazy conspericy theory by whiners who are angry that we won. Is this really what the left has to offer? Apparently its more crazy than I thought.
Hey Dark Saturos, did you notice that this was podcast? You have to listen to it. The teaser that you "see" on this page just tells what the podcast is about. The "arguement" and proof that you seek are in the podcast. The stupidity of you right-wingers never fails to amaze me.
Enjoyed the podcast,Jack. Letting votes be counted by closed-source proprietary software would be like letting the other guy count all the paper ballots in a private room. By the way there's more to democracy than elections. You also need access to information and a brain, so how do you explain in "democratic" America that those who convincingly argue that the World Trade Center collapses were caused by explosive charges, as in a controlled demolition, cannot get a wide audience? See http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
The right wing lunatics are organized and determined. When they see facts and truth they dismiss it and say its crazy and then spout out more lies and propaganda pushing thier agenda of hate and greed. Some people are duped, but not me. I see through the deception. The right wing of the republican party is evil and destructive. The GOP is a group of monsters that use false patriotism and religion to spread hate and promote greed while ignoring the needy. They also are pretty damn stupid too, and have come close to destroying the USA. Hopefully, enough Americans will wake up and vote these maniacs out of office before the country is destroyed beyond repair.
This goes out to the liberals who like to put there two sence into everybody's business. Screw you and your opions i dont care, you make me sick, your pro-baby murdering (abortion), pro- fags spreading AIDS, and anti- defending our country from muslims. The world would be a better place with out you so how about you take your opinions and stick them up you ass, okay? your the reason why our youth isnt going anywere all they do is whatch MTV and falling for your bullshit!thanx for you time my advice is how about you pick up a bible and read it, maybe you will learn something.
The post directly above me shows the level of most right-wing discourse. I was going to delete it because of the vulgarity, but then decided it's better to leave it here to remind people of what we're up against.
I mean this is completley ridicolous. "Oh no! we lost the election. It COULDN'T be that our canadate was a goofball. Nono! Bush STOLE the elction. The machines were rigged! Its a CONSPERISY!!!" Do you REALLY think like that? Suck it up and take responsibility you whiny leftists.
I just discovered your podcast, great job and it's good to have more un-Republican voices out there as part of the alternative media. (That's the media that tells the truth.) I read this same thing too about the electionsn .... it's a fact if you look at all the evidence that 2004 was stolen, 2005 in Ohio was fraudulent, same old story, and 2004 was stolen, 2000 was stolen, and they'll continue to steal elections until they are stopped. We have to get this fixed before 2006!
And Bill O'Reilly is totally unhinged. He needs to retire!
OK DarkSaturos, since you're so "right-on", tell me exactly what it is that the Bush Administration is doing to help average Americans aside from raising the tax burnen on the poor, alienating the rest of the entire world, using 9/11 like some pawn in a chess game, lying to the public about the connection between Saddam and 9/11 (first there isn't one, but to let him tell it, there is); let's not forget his very delayed response to Hurricane Katrina even though he was RIGHT NEXT DOOR in Texas and he wouldn't even end his vacation early. Also, please comment on how he has spent more time on vacation than any other president thus far. Could you also tell me why he is protested almost everywhere he goes? And can you tell us why he won't do anything about illegal immigration -- surely the GOP (the REAL GOP) would have built the Berlin Wall by now? Why did he personally see to it that the Bin Laden family was safely escorted out on 9/11/01? Why is he aiding the large energy companies in trying to stall anything resembling environmental reform? Why can't he ever admit a mistake?
Enlighten us with real answers, not any "[n]o supporting details or evidence. Simply left-wing hate" excuses.
First of all the economy is up 3%. Secondally, the tax burden IS less on the poor. You see, the tax is based on percentage. Therefore a rich person already pays more than a poor person. Also, tax cuts help the economy by getting people to buy more American products. Its called Reaganomics. I would advise you to read a bit about our former president Ronald Reagan and his policies.
As for your second comment, if we have alieneted the rest of the world then why are there currently 174 other countries working with us in the War on Terror? That doesn't sound like alienation to me my friend.
Thirdly, 9/11 is not being used as a pawn, except by Mrs. Sheehan. Also Al-Qaeda WAS in Iraq, where I would point out to you we killed the #2 Al-Qaeda guy.
Fourthly I would say that the response to Katrina was very botched, not by Mr. Bush but by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. This is because government programs are not as effective as those like the Red Cross and Salvation Army, privite charities.
Fifth, the time spent AT vacation spots differs from those spent ON vacation. It is a well known fact that Mr. Bush brings his work to Camp David all the time. His actual VACATION (i.e. time he does not work) is actually quite small.
Sixth, your arguement that he is protested everywhere is counteracted by the fact that he is also praised everywhere he goes. There are different opinions in each county of our country, as one should know.
Seventh, the illegal immagration thing? You are ABSOLUTLY right. I wish he WOULD do something about that. He needs to get some guts in that department. So I agree with you on that completly.
Eighth, the Bin Ladan thing. That is a lie commonly portrayed by Mr. Moore and his foolish associetes.
Ninth, enviromental reform is not actually neccesary, except by small areas of the country. If you are going to complain about Haliburton I should inform you that they have made only a 2% revenue in the past year.
Those are my arguments, as you wanted. I hope you see the logic in them and stop ranting on about how I am only a "foolish right-winger," as opposed to lefties who have no real argument other than what their rulers the media tell them.
1. How is the economy "up" 3%? What tangible item are you talking about? Unemployment is certainly up and crime is going to rise with it. Are speaking of the GDP or the GNP or what?
2. What 174 countries are "working with us"? Obviously their safety is our safety, but I don't see them in Iraq right now. Small and large countries are pulling their troops back home now...
3. If you think Bush isn't using 9/11 as a pawn, then you're more foolish than I first thought. Everytime his ratings get low, he yells out "9/11". Even in the speech he made on television this past Monday when he was talking about the Iraq elections in December, he said "Septe-- December". Like Hitler and Goebbels knew: keep repeating a lie and it will become the truth. Your defense of this act proves Hitler and Goebbels right, and I'm sure they thank you.
4. Who picked the head of FEMA again? I bet had a major disaster hit one of his near-and-dear Texas districts or some Republican stronghold, there would not have been a 4, 5 or 6 day delay in getting them help. It took the military just around 72 hours to get to Iraq to start shooting up whatever it is they are shooting, but 6 DAYS to get to a state? GIVE ME A BREAK.
5. Bush has been ON vacation. Go tell your boss that you want to spend a quarter of your next 8 years working on vacation, and I bet you'll get laughed right out the door. Bush was ON vacation in the NEXT STATE OVER during Katrina.
6. Bush is NOT protested everywhere he goes? Did you not see him being protested in South America? How about Korea? Hong Kong? Europe? Just because Japan and England placate him doesn't mean the whole world does. The only place he hasn't been AND hasn't been protested is Africa, and I gather that if he goes there, he will be protested. Also, just because people aren't on the street with signs does not mean that he is welcomed. The vast majority of people (globally, not locally) dislike him and he continues to make himself less popular with each passing day.
8. "That's a lie" isn't proof. Thus, it must be true.
9. When I speak of environmental reform, I mean cleaning the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil from which we grow food for nourishment. Maybe they didn't teach you this in middle school, but there's this thing in nature called the "food chain". If a salmon is in polluted water its entire life, then ends up on your dinner table, what do you think you are ingesting? How about corn grown on a field that formerly housed a factory? The Bush Administration is making zero progress in protecting the environment for future generations. What have they done? Have they required car manufacturers to make their cars more fuel efficient NOW? Of course not, that would cut into his friends at Big Oil's profits. Has he done ANYTHING to get the nation off oil or non-renewable energy? Of course not! Money is what runs this administration, not the people. And one day, when those pristine forests of Maine are gone, along with any semblance of health care or social security -- basically, when you grow up -- maybe you'll understand.
Postscript: The media is not run by "lefties". Have you heard of Faux News ("we lie, you decide") before?
Eco wackos i mean we used to have one of those stupud eco-wacko groups right here in our town thier leader was some nit-wit who thought that everybody must agree with his stupid ideas and he lived in a log house and had another house with a wood burning waterheater
Clark documents the right's wars on the poor,
civil liberties, the right of workers to organize
at work and obtain a decent working wage and work
conditions, and against other countries who refuse
to accept American domination. Jack provides all
the sources so that you can see for yourself how
the right is out to enrich itself at the expense
of everyone else. Great job, Jack!
Submitted By: magyarbill
always backs up his statements against
the right wing with fact and data, which
gives him all the more credibility.
As conglomerate media controlled by
politics clouds the mainstream news
media, Jack Clark, along with NPR and
Democracy Now! have become my primary
news source. Awesome podcast!
Submitted By: jgates118
Meaty, Hardcore Knowledge
podcast is not just entertainment, humor,
chimp-bashing, or gee-whiz recap of
the weeks events. Instead, it hits hard
and in-depth on the world economic situation
and how right-wing policies impact the
poor and less advantaged all over the
world. He examines Americas support
of the World Bank, IMF,multinational
corporations, etc., and connects the
dots. This is a podcast for grown-ups.
He gives good reasons why the right
wing is NOT living up to its precious
Bible, without putting down the Bible.
As a Jesus-loving Christian and moderate
Democrat, I respect this podcast for
its subject matter. The grown-up manner
of the speaker is just icing on the
cake. He IS funny, but hes not trying
to be, he just has a deadpan delivery
but doesnt have to make jokes to make
it interesting. The facts make it interesting
Submitted By: ebrenn1
Breath of Fresh Air
Clarks Blast the Right podcast is truly
a breath of fresh air when it comes
to political commentary. Jack is not
like some commentators who simply climb
on their soap box and state their own
opinions as fact. Instead, Jack welcomes
competent challenges to his way of thinking,
and with logical analysis and sound
research, debunks the lies, distortions,
and self-deceptions of the right wing.
I strongly recommend Blast the Right
for people who seek the truth and care
more about the long term health and
well-being of the whole citizenry than
the short term personal gain advocated
by modern conservatives. Listen as Jack
carefully shows how the high-sounding
"God and country" rhetoric
of the right wing is really just a smokescreen
for policies that ultimately lead only
to the increased misery, suffering,
and death of the less fortunate for
the particular benefit of the wealthy
and the well-connected. And, if you
find yourself in agreement, return to
Podcast Alley to place your vote! Thanks!